Sunday, November 8, 2009

So, not everyday, but pretty good for november

I have slacked on my goal, but my blogging has become way more frequent than before. And one thing that was pretty cool this weekend was that I ran 2 miles in these shoes.I was inspired to do this by the book that I just finished, "Born To Run". In the book the author talks about how modern shoes have cushioned our feet so much that we get injuries from them, and if we didn't wear shoes then our arches and feet would be stronger allowing for better posture and faster running. So Audrey and I were going to take a little run, so I figured why not? I knew that I wasn't going to go barefoot, so I did the next best thing. And you know what? It didn't hurt at all. I could actually feel the muscles in my ankles and my feet adjusting and actually working while I ran. It was pretty cool to try and experience. I might have to continue on in experimenting with this and see if I can run barefoot or how far I could go in sandals.

1 comment:

Tricky G said...

Go all out and run naked.