Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Week Of October 10-16

The weather is starting to cool off a bit here, 30's at night 60's in the day, still tons of sunshine and moderately warm in the afternoons. I'm thinking that we will get our first snow here pretty quickly. It usually snows before Halloween.

Elk hunting season starts this Friday. I plan on going out on Saturday to see if I can get one. I am praying that I'm better off this year than I was my first go round. I sighted in my 30-06 on Monday evening. Was within about 1 inch of the Bulls-eye at 100 yards. I'm looking forward to getting up into the mountains and hopefully at least seeing some this year. I've got a couple different places to try this year as opposed to having really no idea where to go last year.
I just finished this book, Personal Record: A Love Affair With Running. It was a good read, pretty quick to get through. Rachel Toor, the author recounts how she became a runner, and the things that just become normal to all of us who are runners out there, that other people might look at as crazy. She's a good storyteller and has quite a few funny things that she points out in the book. 

No comments: