Monday, January 14, 2008

Movies

I am a fan of movies. I have been since I went to college. I'm not sure how many movies I have watched in my 24 years of life, but i would venture to guess more than a lot of people. I enjoy movies because they tell stories, they can get you to think about things that you normally wouldn't think about. Sometimes they get you to think differently about things that you have always thought the same about. And sometimes they just make you completely forget about your life for a while, and laugh till it hurts. Here are a few movies that i have watched lately, that i thought were good. I will start with most recently watched and move backwards.

1. National Treasure 2 - A good action movie, and very clean. Rated pg, and made by Walt Disney. It throws a little bit of America's History in there as well.
2. September Dawn - An account of the true story of the "Mountain Meadow Massacre". This took place in Utah in 1857, a group of people traveling from Missouri to California have to stop in Utah for provisions. The Mormons let them stay, and then decide that they are "Gentiles" and the only way to "Save" them is to kill them. The things some people do in the name of God are scary.
3. I AM LEGEND - A futuristic movie, set in New York City. A virus spreads across the whole world, turning humans into ravaging beast like creatures. One man, Will Smith, is trying to find the cure. A great movie, I really enjoyed it.
4. Rescue Dawn - Based on a true story of an American Pilot, who got shot down over Vietnam, put in a POW camp, escaped and made it home safely. A great story of hope in the midst of death.
5. The Rainmaker - An older movie, based off of a John Grisham novel about Heatlh Insurance companies that rip off their clients. If you like courtroom drama, and lawyer action this is a great movie to watch. Matt Damon is the lead role.
6. Hot Rod - A stupid spoof comedy, I only watched it because one of my youth group kids said I should. It has quite a few funny parts, but no real value what so ever. cool beans...
7. Shrek The Third - Good comedy for kids & adults. I still think the 1st one is the best.

I'll leave you with those for now.

Thought For The Blog:
"Go out and enjoy a movie, and if you don't like it, don't worry you've only wasted 2 hours of your life!"

No comments: