Monday, January 21, 2008

Psalm 19:14

"May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to your sight, O LORD,
my Rock and my Redeemer."
It was -26 degrees in Iowa with the wind chill on saturday. pretty stinking cold if you ask me. i don't think that i have ever been in weather like that before. it was just bitter. i heard that sometimes the snow never melts here all winter. i thought it was something to scare me, or to make the person sound more impressive, but as it turns out, it is true. we have gotten blasted just about every weekend here for the past month and a half, and the snow that happened then is, you guessed it, still here.
all of this has nothing to do with the verse of Scripture that i have written. but i needed to tell somebody. this verse has stuck out to me for the past couple days, and i think that it has begun to take root in my heart. i truly do want what i say and what i think about to be pleasing to God. now wanting and doing are 2 different things. but the action has to start with the thought. i have really needed God's help lately, just navigating through all of the things that life brings. His Wisdom, Discernment, Peace, Leading. He is my rock, i know that my footing in the world is always going to be firm, no matter what happens around me. and He is my redeemer, my Savior, He has redeemed me from sin and death. It's the least that i can do to make sure that the words that come out of my mouth and the thoughts that come from my heart are pleasing to Him. welp, that's all for tonight. peace.

No comments: