Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First Sighting In Of My New Gun


Yesterday, my good friend Dave Brewer and his kids, Alyssa and Sammy took me to the Kemmerer Gun Range to sight in my new rifle.
Dave definetly has a great setup with targets, spot scope, gun holder, ear safety, and eye protection. We started out at 50 yards and got her sighted in pretty good there, and then moved on out to 100 yards. The nice thing about the range was that we were able to shoot from indoors. And we figured out that Dave and I must hold guns differently because every time he shot it would be up and to the right, and every time I shot it would be down and slightly to the left.
Sammy shot the 22 and nailed some clay pigeons, and Alyssa agreed to shoot the SKS, but only once! It was a great time, and now I am more ready to take down my first Antelope, Mule Deer, and Elk!!!!!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm so glad you got to do that! it'll be a blast to go hunting this fall!

Anonymous said...

dude, i didn't agree to any thing. i was forced to shoot the stupid thing. and i won't do it again either. it kicks. (like i said it would!)