Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fossil Fest & Weekend Activities

This weekend, actually today marks the 1 year mark that Audrey and I have been in Kemmerer. Last year we made the drive from Rock Springs up to Kemmerer with only a few of our items to unload. We ran the Fossil Fest 5k Fun Run, and I almost died from the altitude. Needless to say a lot of things have changed along with my acclimation to the altitude.

Tonight I am helping out with a Family Fun Night for all the kids of the community. Booths and games galore with prizes and candy! Then Friday and Saturday afternoon the Church is going to hand out free bottles of water as an outreach. It should be pretty good, I hope.

Saturday morning Audrey, myself, and Kevin Kneeland are doing a team triathlon in Evanston. Audrey is swimming, Kevin biking, and I will be running. 600 meter swim, 12 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. We are looking forward to having fun with that as well!

No comments: