Monday, September 21, 2009

The Signal Book Review

15. The Signal By Ron Carlson

A few reasons I read this book and how I found it. It was in entertainment weekly which we are currently getting a year for free, and it is set in Wyoming in the Wind River Mountains which Audrey and I have backpacked in for the last 4 years and we now live 3 hours away from them.

The story is about a man trying to save a ranch that he has inherited from his father, and he is trying to save it by using some shady means. His now x-wife is meeting him at a trailhead in the mountains where they are going to have their last hike together and he is also trying to find something in the mountains that will make him a lot of money with these shady characters.

It is pretty slow moving, and really the only reason that I finished the book was because it did take place in Wyoming. Recommendation: Don't read it, you won't waste your time. Luckily for me it's pretty short and I read it while I was subbing at the H.S. So I got paid.

No comments: