Saturday, December 18, 2010

Snow

I'm not really a big fan of snow. When it snows I have to shovel (already did that 3 times today), I have to drive very slowly (drove 40 mph to Evanston yesterday), I have to make a path in our yard to get to the leashes for the dogs, I have to start up my vehicle about 30 minutes before I want to go anywhere, and it makes me want to stay indoors all winter long.
But there are times when I don't mind the snow. Once I am out in it I kind of enjoy it. Audrey and I did a 2 mile warm-up run this morning at 7:15 a.m. 10 degrees and snow falling straight down. It was actually kind of pretty, and nice to be running outside as opposed to inside on a treadmill.
Supposedly we are supposed to get 12 inches in the next 2 days. We shall see if that truly happens. And I guess I'll have to live with snow for at least the next 3 months. So here's to getting out in it...

No comments: