Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turkey Trot in Smithfield, UT

We (Audrey and I) had a great Saturday! We left early in the morning and headed West for Utah. Thanks to our new car we made it without any problems, and arrived right on time for the Smithfield Recreation Turkey Trot. We were signed up for the 10k (6.2 miles). We got our SWAG bag, and then changed into our race clothes.

The temperature was in the middle 40's, but the sun was out and it felt amazing. The race started at 10:30 a.m. and I would guess there were about 50 runners signed up for the 10k. They also had a 5k and a one miler.

The course was beautiful, we started heading off towards some mountains and a little bit up hill. Around mile 2 we started into a residential area and back downhill which was nice. I started out pretty slowly, and gradually sped up, passing quite a few people in the last two miles which I ran at about an 8:10 pace.
I finished in 52 minutes and Audrey finished in 49:22. She got 1st in the 25-29 division and I got 2nd. After the race we ate at Chili's for a reward, and then headed home. All in all it was a great day and race. Here are some pictures!
This is before the race. I was all set to go.
As you can see Audrey was set as well.
I was just crossing the finish line. I know I look retarded, but I totally beat that kid behind me! He was quite a ways in front of me and I sprinted at the end to beat him. Take that, uh!

I needed a little break before I could get anything to eat. And I think that this is my standard pose after a race. The "hands back and legs sprawled" recovery technique.

And after it was all over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, sounds like u guys had alotta fun. grate job.

any way i was looking up the meanings of names and i thought yours was pretty cool. check it out.http://www.zelo.com/firstnames/findresults.asp?name=JADON

Kelly said...

That's so awesome that you guys enjoy running together! Congrats on such great finishes!!! And Happy Anniversary!