Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nov. 5th - Not quite as much recognition as Nov. 4th

Isn't it great to know that I got up this morning the exact same way that I always get up?

Now that question might sound weird to you at the moment, but let me explain. With all the hoopla yesterday and who is going to be the next person to "lead our country", some people might get so caught up in it that they lose sight of the big picture.

What is the big picture you ask?

It's that I woke up this morning the same way I always get up. That all the stuff surrounding the election really hasn't changed anything. And you know the more important thing, that quite a few people have pointed out already is that God is still in control!

Where is our hope really? For me it's in God, not Obama. And it wouldn't have been in McCain either if he would have won. Jesus is my president, and when I look back on the past, God uses the people that are in power, no matter if they are hethen or if they are blessed by God.

So as we are coming closer to Thanksgiving I thank God that HE is still in control of our world, and that I woke up the exact same way today as I did yesterday.

2 comments:

Tricky G said...

But it is a lot of fun for me to make fun of people who are very upset Obama won. So much fun, I mean, I didn't even vote, but I like to watch people get mad, made one leave the room when we watched the results.

Audrey said...

You are so right!