Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Great Horned Owls & Rock Climbing

I went for a run this morning and halfway through I came back to the house to take Mountie with me. Audrey and Maya were already doing their own run (Maya can run 4 miles, Mountie can make it 2 if he tries really hard). But on our way back to the house I noticed two Great Horned Owls sitting on a telephone line next to our house.
I walked closer over to where they were and then they got spooked and one flew right over my head. It was a pretty cool sight to see, especially since they didn't dive bomb me or anything. I love the way that God has created nature and animals. It is definitely one of the easiest places that I see God. It was a beautiful morning to run too; the temperature was about 30 degrees and the moon was only a sliver, but it was so clear out that you could see the rest of the moon that wasn't lit up.
Audrey's family came to visit us this afternoon. We all went rock climbing at the Rec. Center in town. It was a lot of fun, and great to do something active together. It was also fun to watch everyone do well and go past what they thought they might be able to accomplish.

No comments: