Thursday, November 18, 2010

Substitute


I subbed for the 5th grade class today at Kemmerer Middle School. Everything went relatively smooth with all the kids. I had one class that was getting out of hand and I said, "The next person who says anything without it being productive or asking me a question gets their name written on the board!" And as soon as I was done this kid mouths off about something, so I went directly over to the whiteboard with my marker and wrote his name down. Then I turned around and another kid had his had raised and he asks me, "What did I do?" Turns out that I didn't exactly know all of their names and totally wrote down the wrong one. Then once I got the right name I spelled it a different way, and by the end of the entire thing everyone including me was snickering because I was totally portraying the tough guy routine and it half back fired. But they were quiet the rest of the time.
I also felt pretty decent today considering my massive sickness attack of the past three days. I ran 2 miles at the Rec. Center after school. It felt good to finally move after not being able to for so long, but I could tell that I was dead tired. It felt like I was dragging my legs along the ground.

No comments: