Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Brooks Cascadia 6 First Impressions

I got the opportunity to run in my new Brooks Cascadia 6's yesterday. Granted that it was just through town, but the roads were snow packed and a little slick in spots. We just got about 4-5 in. of fresh new powdery snow that was blown into large drifts with 30 mph winds. I had already ran 4 miles that morning at our Rec. Center on the treadmill. Which is getting pretty old right now (I'm trying to break up the monotony by listening to books on my iPod). 
Our two dogs, Maya & Mountie, needed some exercise in the afternoon though, so I decided to give them a little two mile jaunt and try out my new shoes at the same time. 
Maya & Mountie posing nicely for treats.
At first the shoes felt a little stiff, but as I kept running they felt better and better. I didn't feel like I was running on slick snow either, the tread worked great and I never felt out of control at any point during the run. I was pretty pleased with them and I can't wait until I get to wear them out on some trails. Which could be a while considering it snowed here in June last year. Audrey and I are getting to take a trip to Wichita, KS this weekend to visit family, and from the looks of it the weather should be warmer there than here. Maybe I can find a good trail to run them on down there. Also looking forward to visiting GoRun Wichita, a new running store to the area.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

and....they are truely BEAUTIFUL shoes....and....now we get to be twinzies (I only said that cause it sounds way annoying)