Monday, February 21, 2011

Trip To KS

Audrey and I returned home from our trip to Kansas on Wednesday. It was a great trip and so good to see my family and be there to help. My wonderful sister is pregnant with twins and is doing an amazing job at having to be in the hospital so they can continue to monitor them. We are praying for two safely delivered babies everyday!
This trip was just what I needed. It had been a long time since I had been able to see my family, and there is just something about being with them that makes everything seem okay. It was also a great chance to run in some 50 degree weather, as opposed to the below freezing temps that we have been having in Kemmerer. And to run with no snow. I got in a couple of good runs outside. One was even in a t-shirt and shorts. It felt amazing, but only made me want Summer to get here quicker.
I also got to go on a 7 miler early morning run with my good friend Adam. It was a great run on clear paved bike paths around Sedgewick County Park. Good conversations always happen with Adam and running. We were college roommates and Adam would always want to stay up late and talk. I just fell asleep on him.
We also got to use a newer YMCA while we were in Wichita. It was nice to always know that a treadmill or whatever you needed would always be available, but after a while I was ready to get back to our little Rec. Center where I know everything and everybody.
All in all it was a great trip and made the month of February seem to fly by! Which is always a bonus. Spring might be coming soon?

2 comments:

Audrey said...

YES YES and YES to everthing you said. What a wonderful, much needed trip. You Ross's and Sehlsare the perfect people to spend lots of time with. I hope we get a chance to come back soon!

Adam Monaghan said...

dude, it was good to see you!