Friday, July 22, 2011

Update for the week

Since it is Friday evening I guess I'll give you an update for the week.

I am running my first Ultra Marathon on August 13th in the mountains outside of Afton, Wyoming. It is 31 miles with lots of climbing and descending. So in preparation for this upcoming race my training goal for the week was to run a total of 40 miles with one long run on Friday. And I did it!
Monday - 5 Miles
Tuesday - 5 Miles
Wednesday - 6 Miles in the a.m. and 2.5 miles in the p.m.
Thursday - 2 Miles
Friday - 19.5 Miles
My run today was all done on trails around Kemmerer. I linked up a bunch of different trails that Audrey and I have ran on to complete that distance. It felt pretty good to do it and especially to be done with it. I'm hoping that it translates into doing well in the race.

The shirts for the Burn Your Lungs Run got ordered this week.
I did some premarital counseling
Got my hair cut
We sold our white car!
Biked Maya & Mountie for exercise
Planned out Sunday
Worked on stuff for the BYLR on July 30 - Got a great ad in the paper
Had a date with Audrey

So there you have it.... my week not in a nut shell, but in a blog post.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

holy cow, it WAS a full week - and a good one