Tuesday, February 3, 2009

1st Run after spraining my ankle

Yesterday I attempted to do my first real run after I totally destroyed my ankle. And it actually went incredibly well. I didn't even wear a brace or anything. I ran 5 miles before I could start to feel my ankle throb, then I decided that was far enough.

When I first started out it was incredibly stiff, but it loosened up as I went along and didn't hurt at all until about mile 4 and half. It felt so good to be able to run again after not getting to for just about 2 weeks. And I like running way more than biking which is what I was doing while my ankle was on the mend.

I finished in 41 minutes, and my lung capacity still felt pretty decent so that made me happy. Hopefully it just keeps getting better from here on out. Audrey and I are scheduled to run 13 miles this Saturday! Half of the total distance that we are working towards!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

You've got this! You own it!