Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Moon: Book Review

4. New Moon - Sequel To Twilight

Werewolves, Vampires, and Teenage Emotions. That is what comprises this book. I read through this one pretty quickly, and I think I enjoyed it more than Twilight because in Twilight I had already seen the movie, so I knew what was coming. With this book, I was in the dark the entire time. Stephenie Meyer does a good job of keeping things in suspense. Bella (a normal human) is in love with Edward (a vampire) who leaves her because he thinks that he is endangering her life. So she is heartbroken, and ends up spending all of her time with her soon to be best friend Jacob Black (a werewolf) as it turns out.
Meanwhile Bella keeps hearing Edward's voice in her head when she does stupid things, so she rides motorcycles, and then jumps off a cliff. She ends up being saved by Jacob, but Edward hears that she is dead. He approaches a group of Vampires in Italy who he hopes will kill him because without Bella alive he feels like his life cannot go on. Bella and Edward's vampire sister Alice find out what he has planned and go to save him.
It works out, but now Jacob and Edward are enemies because obviously werewolves and vampires just don't mix.
I am now ready to read the third installment in this series!

No comments: