Saturday, February 14, 2009

American Buffalo: Book Review

3. American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon

Since I am subbing at the High School here in Kemmerer, I have had a few more hours on my hands where I am able to just read because frankly that is about all I can do with the "free" time that I have there while students are doing assignments. So I have been able to cruise through a few books rather quickly which is nice.
American Buffalo is the story and history of this great american icon intertwined with the author's own Buffalo hunt in Alaska. The history and facts that he gives are actually quite interesting and he does it in a way that makes it not boring. The actual hunt details make the entire book, because it is much harder than you would think to be able to hunt a Buffalo.
I really enjoyed this book, and I like how the author used his own personal experience as well as historical fact to create this very informative and very interesting book on the Buffalo. I might be inspired to put in my name for a Buffalo tag, so that I can hunt one here in Wyoming. Wouldn't that be awesome!?

No comments: