Monday, March 14, 2011

11.5 Mile Saturday Run

I had a pretty productive Saturday. In the morning myself and a few others ran a booth for the "Burn Your Lungs Run" that I am directing again for July 30, 2011. We had laptops set up for people to register on the spot, and if they registered that day they received a free training plan courtesy of "The Audrey Ross Way". It was a great time to interact with everyone and let them know about our upcoming race!
Then in the afternoon I set out for my long run of the week. I have been trying to increase my weekly mileage over the past month or so, and so far it has been happening. Not necessarily the easiest thing to accomplish in February and March with winter still trying to keep it's hold on Wyoming. But Saturday was one of the warmest days that we have had yet, and I was priviledged enough to only wear a beanie, gloves, shorts, and a long sleeve. Not quite summer yet, but way better than the 3-4 layers that I have been wearing to run outside.
I decided to run out HWY 233 - Which is our tentative course for the BYLR (Burn Your Lungs Run). Did I mention we are having a 5k, 10k, and half marathon? And that you can walk or run any distance? Really, everyone should come and do our race! Anyway, back to my run. It went great, got in 11.5 miles and was wonderful to run outside. I even saw a mama moose and her baby crossing over the frozen Hams Fork River. Luckily I was far enough way that she decided I wasn't a threat, I probably didn't look to menacing either with my white legs flashing. I need the sun!
So here's my stats from my Garmin 305, which I love, and love being able to wear it outside!

No comments: