Monday, March 14, 2011

"The Fall" By Guillermo Del Toro And Chuck Hogan

Like I said in my earlier book review a couple of weeks ago, that once I get on a roll I can crank through books pretty quick. This one took me about a week to finish. I'm not sure if I am anticipating all the reading that I am going to have to be doing for my Masters that is going to start this fall or not. I guess I am either getting good practice in or I am figuring that I won't have time to read anything else once I start.
On to the book!
This is the 2nd installment in a trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I stumbled across the first book last year in the library and decided to give it a try. It was good enough for me to want to read the 2nd one, which I stumbled across again at the library. These kinds of books are purely for entertaining reading only. I really don't know if you can pull anything worthwhile out of them, but sometimes its good to have a book that you can just get lost in and not have to think too much about.
"The Fall" continues on with the story of how the entire world is getting "infected" by a strain of vampires (completely science fictionish) and the few people who are trying to save the world from this mass destruction. The common theme of a catastrophe and the survivors trying to figure out a way to stay alive. It is well written with good characters and plot theme. And made a nice addition to the first book. I'm not sure when the third one is supposed to come out, but chances are if my luck remains that I will stumble across it at the library as well.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Are you doing your masters through Barclay College Jadon? Chris is going to start his this fall too, through Barclay.