Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Day 5k Fun Run in Park City

Audrey and I signed up for another race on Memorial Day, so that made 2 races in 3 days; which is pretty fun. The only bad news was that we woke up on Monday morning to 30 degree weather and snow flurries. The trip down to Park City was a little more eventful than I would have wished trying to navigate on the snowy roads. I thought winter was supposed to be over by the end of May?

We ended up making fine, just in time for the race. Because of the nasty weather there weren't as many runners there as they were hoping for. Audrey and I lined up at the start line and she said, "I think we can win this one." So when the director said go we took off. There was only 1 high school aged boy in front of us, and after about a mile he slowed down and we cruised on by. The race course was on part paved trail and part hard packed rock trail, with two loops. After we had finished up the second loop and were headed back towards the finish I knew that there was no way anyone was going to catch us. So we just eased on into the finish, crossing the line together in first place.

It was a lot of fun. I also won a Rossignol dress shirt and hat at the raffle afterwards too. Here are some pictures of race day.



No comments: