Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Short Trail Run With Maya

Today Audrey and I decided to take Maya with us on our 3 mile still recovering from race weekend trail run. We took a bet on if one of our favorite single track trails was dry and it was. I think this was the first time that we had taken Maya out on a single track. She ended up doing great, mostly in part due to the fact that she couldn't really run anywhere else besides the trail, which is nice if you are the one holding the leash.
But, the best part of the run was when we came across a ground squirrel... Maya has been known to catch a few mice and other rodents in the past, and it brings her joy to catch these little varmints. So, when we caught this ground squirrel off guard I knew that since I was holding the leash I was going to have to help give Maya a chance at this thing.
We dodged, weaved, went forward, backward sideways, up, down, and all over before Maya finally caught it. I'm sure it looked hilarious. Audrey had fun watching. Maya, the proud hunter, pranced around in circles for a while with her catch, head raised high, joyous in the fact that she succeeded.
It was pretty funny.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

you looked like you were on a rollercoaster, or like I was watching a cartoon in fast forward