Friday, June 24, 2011

Never Quite Reaching Where I Want To Be

Somewhere along the pathway of life as of late I either took on too much, or life just decided to throw a lot my way. I feel like I haven't been able to catch up with everything that I need to or want to get done. I have a list of everything that needs to be done and it seems like when I cross one off the list three more magically appear at the bottom. It's like the snake in some movie I watched where you cut it in half to kill it, but instead you now have two snakes instead of one. Then you try and kill those two by chopping them in half, and BANG, now you have four.
But I am going to keep slogging through it all, not necessarily knowing that I will catch up, but hoping that I will at some point soon. In the meantime here are a few things that have happened, and a few others that are on the horizon of life.

1. We decided to give Mountie a little shave since it has finally decided to become summer here in Wyoming. We took the haircutting buzzer we have and went to town. He looks a little bit funny, but he is way cooler!
2. Audrey and I are doing a 5k trail run on Saturday in Park City, UT.
3. I am officiating my second wedding of the summer on July 2nd, at the Fossil Island Golf Course in Kemmerer.
4. I just finished up reading and writing a critique for "A Handbook on Domestic Violence for Wyoming Faith Leaders". This handbook is yet to be published, and I had the opportunity to go through and suggest changes that needed to be made. It will be published in September by the Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
5. I'm in the middle of reading "King's Cross" by Timothy Keller. It is incredibly good, and very thought provoking which takes me more time to get through. You should read it.

I guess I can cross blogging off my list now, but I'm afraid if I do, three new things will appear!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I think you must have watched the snake movie without me because I would have commented, "snacks don't really do that, only star fish do." You're doin' great with everything though - and I love ya!

Audrey said...

I meant snakes, not snacks, although snacks don't either - you have to actually refill the bowl in order to have more