Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Came Late This Year


 I got one of my Christmas presents in the mail just the other day. A new pair of recovery tights from a company called SLS3. I did quite a bit of research into what I wanted, and these were the ones with the best reviews and a decent price. Since the science behind recovery tights deals with compression I wanted to make sure that I was getting my money's worth. 
The SLS3 Recovery Tights have graduated compression with it being tighter around the ankles and then working it's way up to not as snug. This is to allow the blood in your legs to be pushed along back up towards your heart so that recovery speeds up. Allowing you to run better and sooner after a hard workout. 
I ran 4 miles in the morning. Got the tights in the mail around noon, tried them on for a couple of hours, and went back to the Rec. Center in the evening to do some weight training and a Cardio Spin Class (Cycling). My legs felt good during the spin class, better than they have before after I have already done one workout. I also put them on for a couple hours in the evening when I got home before I went to bed. I haven't had the soreness and general tiredness in my legs since I've worn them. 
I am looking forward to wearing them on a regular basis after I've done my workouts to see how they keep working.

No comments: