Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My 1st Professional Massage

Thanks to an early birthday present from my wife I received my very first professional massage yesterday. It was perfectly timed too. I subbed at the Middle School in the morning, and I was completely ready to be done dealing with hormonal students. Audrey has received a massage from the woman who did mine, so she gave me the heads up on what to do when I got there.
If you have never had a massage it can be a little bit nerve racking when you first walk into the room because you get down to your unders. But you are under a blanket the entire time and as soon as the massage starts you completely forget about everything else and enter into this parallel universe where you are not yet asleep but you are not awake either.
Since I've been running inside more I noticed that my feet were hurting quite a bit and my hips have had some soreness in them. So those were the 2 areas that I said were the worst. The massage was an hour long and it went by so fast. When I turned over on my back she could instanly tell why my hips had been hurting. My right side was about 1/2 an inch higher than my left. All the muscles were tightening up on that side pulling it higher. So she went to work on loosening those (which was painful by the way) but when she was done my hips were aligned evenly again and I could totally feel it.
Today though my lower back is sore from all the manuevering she had to do. I'm hoping that when I go for my run today I can tell the difference in my stride. For a while I felt like my left foot just wasn't really coming down in the right place.
Anyway, go out and get a massage, say it's for your birthday.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I'm so glad you liked it, of course I knew you would :-)