Friday, January 21, 2011

Pinedale Indoor Triathlon


I'm participating in the Pinedale Indoor Triathlon tomorrow. It should be interesting to see how it goes. There are around 30 people doing the individual portion and a number of others who are doing either the relay or a pair team. Each segment (swimming, biking, running) is split up into time segments. So you go as fast and as hard as you can for that amount of time and when it is all over they add up your total distance to see who wins. 
The part that has me the most concerned is the swim. I'm not a great swimmer, and since it is the first event I really don't want to get exhausted from it for the bike and especially the run. So I plan on taking my time on the swim and not killing myself. Then trying to make up time on the bike & run. We'll see how well my plan holds up against the rest of the competition.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

you can do anything for 15 minutes, right???

ya! for race daY