Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pinedale Half - Marathon


Audrey and I ran in our first Wyoming half-marathon this last Saturday. We ran one in Mason City, IA last October. The race on Saturday was in Pinedale, WY. We had to leave Kemmerer, at 5:30 a.m. drove for 2 hours and ended up at the race start at 7:30 a.m. We picked up our packets, which at races you get all kinds of good free stuff. So we got a really nice long sleeve t-shirt, chapstick, sunscreen, a water bottle, and lots of other little goodies.

There were about 80 or 90 people signed up to do the half-marathon, and Audrey finished 6th out of the women and I finished 20th out of the men. She was 16th overall and I was 32nd overall. She finished with a time of 1 hour 53 minutes and 54 seconds, and I finished in 2 hours and 1 minute.

We split up at mile 8, and after mile 12 is what killed me. We hadn't trained too long for this race, and the farthest we went was 12 miles in training and i could tell. The race course was pretty hard as well, lots of hills, no food, and only water at intermitent stations.

I had my new shoes on and my insole moved up on the inside of my right foot at about mile 4 and half, and i got the hugest nastiest blister from running on it the rest of the way. they had a free barbeque for anyone there after the race. it was a good day, and i'm still sore today! Here are some pictures that Audrey's mom and dad took. We will be getting more later, and there should be more pics soon at www.pinedalehalfmarathon.com.




The home stretch. Coming towards the finish line!

I'm not really sure what I was looking at here, that's where the food was going to be served though.

After the race was over, stretching with Audrey and Rich.

This is coming back down a road that goes up above Fremont Lake, which we ran partly around. The trees are changing colors and it was georgeous.

No comments: