Tuesday, September 23, 2008

september is coming to a close...

not sure if i said anything about it or not, because my memory isn't that great, but audrey and i ran 12 miles on sunday in preparation for our half-marathon that is coming up on saturday. just thought you'd like to know. and i have a huge blood blister thing/deal under my second toenail on my right foot. and maya chewed up my other running shoes, so i had to buy new ones when we were in provo for the football game. i think running the 12 miles in the new shoes had something to do with it. but i tell you all this as a precursor to the good part of this story. i got to play basketball tonight with a bunch of guys. they play every tuesday and thursday night at 8:00 p.m., and it was a blast. it totally felt like i was back in haviland playing pickup games. but my basketball shoes are packed away in who knows where, so i opted for wearing my new asics running shoes, which destroyed my second toe even worse. needless to say it is incredibly tender this evening, and if all is not well before saturday i'm going to have to get a hot needle and poke my way through my toenail to let out the blood.

i thought it was an interesting story....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ok, that's really gross Jadon. Haha! Hope it's better soon!

Alyssa Brewer said...

ewww! that's so gross jadon! why would u blog about that!? don't u have any thing better to write about?